Monday, February 12, 2007

Dissapointing

Sometimes, I disappoint people. I’m disappointing Steve as I type. I haven’t written anything substantial to him in far too long. But sometimes, people who I think are my friends disappoint me in tremendous ways. Sigh.

Somehow, I just remembered about this commercial. It made me cry the first time I saw it, it made me cry when I told my mom about it, and it still makes me cry every time I watch it. (Hopefully it will embed here and you can cry too.)

Went to see my friend’s boyfriend’s band, PKP, at Club Café on Friday. The music wasn’t something I’d typically seek out, and I had never heard him sing before. The band was kind of a general 90’s rock band, but his voice was really great. I had fun, despite being mocked and accues of being cranky for standing, legs spread and arms crossed. But smiling. I was smiling, people!

Went to see Volver on Saturday and it was really great – twisty and turn-y with lots of fantastic and amazing female characters and just enough kitsch (could they maybe have the clothes on Raimunda match, even once?).

After, it was off to Mad Mex for special Valentine’s-season black cherry margaritas. I think I might get kicked out of LUPEC for drinking those (they haven’t found out about WhamBamPam’s Sparks and cranberry yet), so let’s just say I didn’t.

(Oh, yeah, Melissa Ching was fined $300 plus court costs and has to do 30 – I keep thinking days but that doesn’t make much sense, but it wasn’t hours – of community service.)

No comments: