Wednesday, February 21, 2007



For Valentine’s Day, I made these. Those red flecks are cranberries. And there’s melted Sarris dark chocolate. Yum.







I really can’t stop listening to the Hold Steady. And really, the latest album, “Boys and Girls in America” isn’t that good. So I’m listening to their older stuff and Lftr Pllr. The tickets for the March 19th show arrived just the other day. I really hope it isn’t a bit let-down like shows and etc. usually are.


Sadly, the working out yesterday at the downtown YMCA was only mediocre.

Pros:
The instructor was energetic and very nice. She has the potential to be the kind of instructor who will help you during and after the work out, which I think is very important. Also, I had a lot of fun with my co-workers.

Cons:
The instructor did a few things completely differently that I’ve ever learned them – she stepped straight onto the step instead of corner-to-corner. That doesn’t sound like much of a difference, but it changes which foot you use and getting the right-left thing correct is very important. She also did a fair amount of steps facing backwards. And, most importantly, she did a 25 minutes of step, then stopped to do 10 minutes each of abs and weights. No real warm up or cool down.
Collectively, not a very good work out.

Please, give me a nice 45 minute, heart-rate raising work out! Seriously, if anyone is reading this and knows where to go for a really good cardio work out, that does NOT involve kick-boxing, and is preferably step, please let me know.


I found this here today. Enjoy:

No comments: